Monday, April 6, 2015

Monday Movie Mania - Furious 7


Family.

If you're a fan of The Fast & the Furious franchise, you know that's been the overriding theme of the movies. I admit I thought the series was just another B-level testosterone fest until my son introduced to it. I'm ashamed that I was so judgmental.

And I'm finding it hard to write a review for this movie. But it comes when my own son is so very close to taking the wheel. The circumstances of Paul Walker's death while filming Furious 7 allowed my husband and me to have a serious talk with GK at dinner after the movie. About riding with friends. About accidents that have killed our family members. About trust.

As for the movie itself, the producers handled the necessary changes to the storyline and the need for Paul's brothers, Caleb and Cody, to finish the film with bittersweet sensitivity. If you're not a fan of the franchise, rent the first movie. If you don't get the emotional decision of Paul's character Brian in the first one, you're not going to understand this one.

And if you've fallen for the characters of this series like I have, make sure you take lots of tissues. You'll need them for the last two scenes of the film. All I'll say is Vin and company gave Brian the ending Paul couldn't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment