Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Restarting the Mind Can Be Tough

I've been back to work for two whole days, and I haven't even written a thousand words. UGH!

This is why a lot of experienced writers counsel writing every day. And by experienced, I mean writers who've been doing this for twenty-five-plus years, and they can count the number of novels they've written in the mid-three figures to low-four figures.

So when I haven't been writing for two and a half weeks, it's going to take a while to get back in the groove.

If some major life event has happened to you, don't beat yourself up over the lack of productivity. That's only going to make you more reluctant to write again.

Just keep plugging away, a little more each day, until you're back to your old speed. Trust me, I've had to do this before, and I'll have to do it again. And I'm definitely NOT giving up!

No comments:

Post a Comment